In this entry I will present 4 more robots from my Gobots/ Machine Robo collection. The robots belong to the same series are these presented in entry #179, that’s the small “MR” series. There’s nothing in particular to comment about these, since they’re relatively common models.
SPAY-C (MR-14) and REST-Q (MR-15)
ZERO (MR-39) and FLIP-TOP (MR-40)
UPDATE (JUNE 2018) I bought the card for Spay-C, so I include it here for completion. It might be commented in future entries again. The front card shows a picture of the robot and its alternate mode (in the blister card, the toy came in its robot form). The backcard shows several models, mostly from the first produced (low reference numbers).
FACTS and FIGURES:
- Name: SPAY-C, REST-Q, ZERO and FLIP-TOP (Nrs. 14, 15, 39 and 40)
- Alternate Names: SHUTTLE ROBO, AMBULANCE ROBO, ZERO ROBO and KAMAN ROBO (Machine Robo names/ Japan)
- Toy Line: Go-Bots
- Year: 1983, 1984, 1985 and 1985
- Company: Popy/ Bandai (Japan) / Tonka (U.S.A.)
- Size of the figures: Around 7 cm (between 2’’ and 3’’) in robot mode.