Saturday, November 22, 2014

#482 HASBRO’S WWF – LEGION OF DOOM AND NASTY BOYS TAG TEAMS (1992)


The third wave brought us the last tag teams ever released in a two-pack: the Legion of Doom and the Nasty Boys. Interestingly, the Nasty Boys were never released in Spain, so I saw them first only a few years ago.


The Legion of Doom is my favourite tag team from all that Hasbro made, the figures look really menacing and have great features. Unfortunately, they’re quite fragile and the spikes of their vests tend to break. If the figure felt from a middle height in the wrong position, spikes would jump off very easily.

HAWK (Joseph Michael "Joe" Laurinaitis)


ANIMAL (Michael Hegstrand)




The Nasty Boys were also a very good tag team, and I remember them from an epic battle against the rockers. The figures are ok, although a little boring in my opinion with the same outfir and very similar casts, except that one has black hair and the second one is blond, but isn’t it the same for all tag teams… My theory (I think I explained it other time) is that the tag teams in which the figures were very similar were sold together, to avoid mistakes when buying the second figure.

BRIAN KNOBBS


JERRY SAGS


It is also a known thing that children are attracted to figures that are very different to other figures they already own, that’s why in most action figure collections, figures tend to have different colours, even in toylines like G.I.Joe, which is supposed to be military, so if a kid bought for example Ax from the first wave, it is less probable that that same child would choose Smash among the other 11 figures from wave 1.

FACTS and FIGURES:
  • Name: LEGION OF DOOM and NASTY BOYS TAG TEAMS
  • Toy Line: Official WWF (Wave 3)
  • Year: 1992
  • Company: Hasbro (U.S.A.)
  • Size of the figures: 12 cm

2 comments:

  1. Mattel's WWE Elite line now has Nasty Boys! I don't collect wrestling figures but they are so nice. Also, when i was a kid, i had some Nasty Boys style sunglasses and those were the only articles of clothing my parents forbid me to wear! "TAKE THOSE OFF!" "Yes, sir!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha, yes, probably quite embarrasing for them! I am not very familiar with modern toys, I haven't seen those figures you mention, but other from the same toyline.

      Delete