Thursday, December 15, 2016

#754 MAISTO – FORD MUSTANG MACH III and JAGUAR XJ220 (Around 1995)


MONTH OF THE BOOTLEG AND THE KNOCK-OFF AT TOYS FROM THE PAST!

I have these two cars since a long time. My father brought them to me sometime by the mid 90s. I was already a bit old to play with cars, but still loved to look at the miniatures and see the details. Recently I decided to sell them in my toy shop, but after some time I retired them and decided to keep them. I now think these are the first Maisto models that came to Spain with the name Maisto (not MC Toys), and that may make them rare collectables in the future.


Also interesting is that these two models are actually based on Matchbox casts from the early 90s, most accurately, they are based on the Superfast models from 1994 (MB15) and 1993 (MB31). That makes them even more interesting, because, like some MC Toys models, these two are bootlegs!



I keep the original packages, although these have been opened. The colour black and those golden details would be used during several years from the beginning on. And also quite exotic is the sticker from the importer that brought these scale cars to Spain.

 
FACTS AND FIGURES:
  • Name: FORD MUSTANG MACH III and JAGUAR XJ220
  • Scale: Approx. 1:64
  • Year: Around 1995
  • Company: Maisto (China)
  • Size: approx. 7 cm

No comments:

Post a Comment