Saturday, November 25, 2017

#879 UNKNOWN MANUFACTURER - BUSSI BÄR KEYRING (Around 1984)


I am interested in this character made by Rolf Kauka because I had some educational game books of him (and his dog Bello) as a kid.

When I came to Austria I realized that the character here was much more popular. It appears in books of all types, including comic books, educational, colour books and more. A magazine is still being published, aimed at children of ages 4 and above.


I wonder where this keyring comes from. It is definitely old, and I have found just one picture in the whole internet of it. I recently found the keyring in a thrift shop, and I bought it together with some plastic figures of the 80s. I have a second figure (without the keyring, just the figure, with a small hole in the head, so it also carried the keyring originally) that I found inside a Geocache. One possibility it that it is a giveaway of the Bussi Bär magazine, although it could also be a promotional giveaway for book or toy stores.

The figure is unmarked, so the manufacturer is unknown, but it is still copyrighted "R. Kauka".

Mr. Rolf Kauka´s work is very interesting. He was nicknamed the "German Walt Disney". It is worth taking a look at the Wikipedia. Rolf Kauka – Wikipedia


FACTS AND FIGURES:
  • Name: BUSSI BÄR and BELLO KEYRING SCHLÜSSELANHÄNGER
  • Toy Line: BUSSI BÄR
  • Year: 1984
  • Company: Unknown Manufacturer (Germany?)
  • Size of the figure: Around 3 cm

No comments:

Post a Comment