Monday, January 21, 2019

#918 UNKNOWN MANUFACTURER – GERMAN PLASTIC FERRARI and LOTUS F1 (Around 1982)

I have three cars of this series bought in the last 10 years or so. I thought they might be promotional items, but in the early 80s these kind of novelty toys were very common in kiosks and small toy shops.

RN 2



Among the probable makers, I discarded Manurba, but I am not familiar with many other German novelty toy makers or importers from these years, I also discard Hans Postler (H.P.) because this company was mostly an importer, and the toy is marked "Made in W. Germany".

The Formula Ones are models from the early 70s, made in bright plastic with black wheels and metal axles. The car usually has three parts: body, chassis and motor. Due to the colour, the casting´s details are difficult to see. The cars come with different racing numbers and they have a nice casting. Note also that the same Ferrari base has been applied to two different cars (yellow an green models)!

RN 5



They are similar to others made by Matchbox or Majorette, but I would say they are own casts.

The cars are marked "Made in W. Germany", plus the car brand, for example "Ferrari".

Has anyone out there some information on these?

RN 6




FACTS AND FIGURES:
  • Name: FERRARI, FERRARI and LOTUS F.1
  • Scale: Around 1:64
  • Year: Around 1982
  • Company: Unknown Manufacturer (West Germany)
  • Size: approx. 6 cm

3 comments:

  1. Hans Postler are Hong Kong importers/jobbers Gog, I'd go with Manurba, they look very similar in execution to the Manurba Porche sports cars?

    https://www.google.com/search?q=manurba+porsche+sports+car+plastic&num=30&newwindow=1&client=firefox-b&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiQgt-byP_fAhV3SBUIHSteBacQ_AUIDigB&biw=1366&bih=621

    H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hugh!
      Thanks for the comment! I tried many searchs with Manurba, but I did not succeeded finding these small F1s. Lots of other cars, but not these in particular. In another entry of my blog, I published a picture of Manurba products, and they had at least three other F1 models, and one of them is fairly similar to these, but still not sure...

      I correct the Hans Postler part. Thanks!

      Here's the Manurba entry: http://toysfromthepast.blogspot.com/2017/01/762-unknown-manufacturer-unidentified.html

      Delete