I have reviewed some cars made by this brand in the past. In that review I showed models that were Matchbox (Lesney) knock-offs of the 1-75 series from the 60s and 70s, but I already mentioned that some models are not copies from Matchbox, and today I am going to show some of these (together with more Matchbox knock-offs).
Although quite pricey, I got this lot a a fair price around two years ago. The cars are in perfect shape, so I am very lucky to have found them. The paint applied to these models is rather fragile and all played items usually show more or less paint wear.
The models shown in this entry are:
- 2104 - Chevrolet Impala in black and yellow (coloured as a Taxi from Barcelona)
- 2106 - Ford Galaxie (Jefe Policia) in white and 2107 - Ford Galaxie (Jefe Bomberos) in red
All parts are shared. Note that the sirens have different colours, as well as the windshields.
- 2110 - Ferrari Berlineta in green
- 2111 - M.G. 1.100 in blue
- 2115 - Camioneta auxiliar in red (based on Lesney´s Jeep Gladiator)
- 2117 - Seat 124 in red
- 2118 - Mercedes 280 SL in beige
- 2121 - Seat 600 D in red
This model was also released with a plastic body (see last pic in this series) used for certain Payá speed tracks I will present some other day. The suspension integrated in the chassis is extremely fragile!
The complete list of references can be found in the previous entry (see #363)
From all 9 units, all but the two Seats are clear Lesney copies. Some models had slight differences, like the steering wheel in the left side, contrary to the original English model with steering wheel on the right side. See for example the M.G. 1.100.
The Seat 600D and the 124 are two great models, very sought-after because the cars they represent were very popular in the 50s, 60s and the 70s in Spain. In addition to this, the Seat 600D is the only vintage die-cast model in 3 inches made of this car. The Seat 124 was also made by Guisval, but this one is rarer (not necessarily more expensive). For most Spanish die-cast collectors these two are "must-haves", not so the other models of foreign cars.
FACTS AND FIGURES:
- Name: CHEVROLET IMPALA, FORD GALAXIE (JEFE POLICIA), FORD GALAXIE (JEFE BOMBEROS), FERRARI BERLINETA, M.G. 1.100, CAMIONETA AUXILIAR, SEAT 124, MERCEDES 280 SL and SEAT 600 D (Refs. 2104, 2106, 2107, 2110, 2111, 2115, 2117, 2118 and 2121)
- Scale: 1:64 (approx.)
- Year: Around 1970
- Company: Payá International (Spain)
- Size: approx. 3’’ or 7 cm