Monday, May 11, 2020

#949 STARTING LINEUP – 4 NBA PLAYERS (1997 and 1998)


Beside wrestling, I do not have many action figures based on real sports. I got this figures on eBay for very little money, and I was surprised when I finally had them in my hands.

The figures are made by Kenner, so the quality is very high. The difference to other toy lines is that the figures in this collection have to be very realistic. The figures have the face of the real player, also the size matches the player’s height. The positions in which the players move and stand are also very realistic and to my surprise, are nicely compatible with each other, looking almost real.




The four players I have are:
  • Latrell SPREWELL (WARRIORS, 15)
  • Chris WEBBER (WIZARDS, 4)
  • Dennis RODMAN (BULLS, 91)
...from 1997, and:
  • Kevin GARNETT (TIMBERWOLVES, 21)
...from 1998.



I am not a great basketball fan (I was, but years before 1997), so I did not know these players very well. I, of course, heard about Dennis Rodman and Kevin Garnett, but I have to confess that the other two were completely unknown to me.




Note that every figure comes with a minimal stand, so the figure can stand on one foot, or look like it is jumping. The stand is attached to the figure by means of a metal bar, and the figure can be turned in one or the other direction. They also move their arms and head, and some also move other parts of the body.



Despite all, I sold the figures shortly after taking the pictures. To my surprise they were very cheap even in their boxes, so I sold them for more or less the same money that I payed for them. I decided to get rid of them because the collection is extremely extense, and the figures take too much space, they are big, and with those play positions they take much space.

I loved taking all the pictures in this entry.



FACTS AND FIGURES:
  • Name: SPREWELL (WARRIORS), WEBBER (WIZARDS), RODMAN (BULLS), GARNETT (TIMBERWOLVES)
  • Toy Line: Starting Lineup
  • Year: 1997 and 1998
  • Company: Kenner (U.S.A.)
  • Size of the figures: Around 12 cm

2 comments:

  1. Que interesante son muy realistas y estan muy bien, felicidades muy buena adquisicion...
    Un saludo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ¡Gracias por el comentario! En América tienen mucho tirón y también los hay de béisbol. Allí se consiguen por nada de precio. Saludos

      Delete