This small and poorly manufactured figure of the DC character is maybe one of the most intriguing action figures made along with the Tim Burton movie from 1989. The figure is marked on its feet with the text: TM © 1989 DC COMICS INC. But beside this indications, there is no maker sign or name casted in the body. This probably made many people suspect, that it might be a cheap bootleg or a copy of something else, since, if you had the rights to represent the Batman, why hiding your name?
The truth is that this figure was distributed and sold by Bully of Germany, most famous for their plastic or PVC figures of all kinds. This adds a bit of confusion to the topic, since this figure is made of hollow plastic and is articulated in their shoulders. It is also partially flocked and came with a cloth cloak. All these elements are previously unseen in other Bully toys or figures. Note that I said distributed and sold, but not manufactured, because I think these may have been made by another company for Bully. So the mistery continues...
As you can see in the pictures, the figure is well painted and flocked. It comes with a yellow belt (that cannot be removed), a cloak (removable), and the arms are practicable. Although in the picture of the shop display, that I found on the internet, all figures seem to be correctly assembled, my Batman has the chest logo upside-down. I love this detail, and I preffer this figure to another one with the logo correctly oriented. Also some figures seem to have a cord on the head to be hanged from a zip or somewhere else.
I think it is quite rare, I haven't seen many, or, at least, compared with the plastic/PVC Batman (I show it here, but it deserves it's own blog entry). It was part of the merchandising that Bully offered in 1989, as it can be seen in this promotional pages seen on eBay. The figure is shown on the right side, close to the right border.
FACTS and FIGURES:
- Name: BATMAN
- Year: 1989
- Company: Bully (West-Germany)
- Size of the figures: Around 10 cm
%20(Grande).png)
%20(Grande).png)
%20(Grande).png)

No comments:
Post a Comment