The Micromasters are the small versions of the transformers. They were sold in packets containing 4 different figures (ordered by theme: Race Cars, Monster Trucks, Construction,…) like Galoob’s Micromachines, or individually, if they were some kind of transport or playset/ headquarters.
One year later, the micromasters were presented as robots that transformed into one half of a vehicle, and they were called Combiners. This same schema was used by Matchbox’s Connectables, in which you could combine different parts of cars, planes,… into a new, custom vehicle.
The combiners were sold as well in groups (six halves = three vehicles), or individually (transports, headquarters).
Both the micromasters or micromasters combiners’ headquarters are vehicles that transform in a little playset at the scale of the little robots. This idea is similar to the one used later in other toy lines like Mighty Max, Polly Pocket or, again, in the Micromachines pocket playsets.
Today, on ToysFromThePast, Micromaster Overload, one of the four Micromaster transporters of 1988. Overload was not released anymore in the vintage line, and is, therefore, a relative unknown character.
OVERLOAD (Japan: Roadjet -C-337-)
- Faction: Autobots
- Subgroup: Micromasters
- Function: Troops Transport
- Motto: “Know your enemy and he's yours”
- Bio: A bold and daring soldier. Often breaks away from cargo-hauling missions to join his fellow Autobots on the battlefield. A tactical genius on the front line. Trailer converts to turbo-boosted, supersonic fighter jet armed with wing-mounted, double-barreled machine guns. Laser guided, lock-target scanners provide pinpoint firepower. Capable of reaching speeds in excess of Mach 2. Also equipped with hydrofoil capabilities.
- Tech Specs for Overload:
- Strength: 5
- Intelligence: 8
- Speed: 7
- Endurance: 8
- Rank: 4
- Courage: 8
- Firepower: 7
- Skill: 6
FACTS and FIGURES:
- Name: Micromasters Autobot Overload
- Toy Line: Transformers (G1)
- Year: 1989
- Company: Hasbro (U.S.A.)
- Size of the toy: 5’’ or 12,5 cm
- Size of the figure in robot mode: 2’’ or 5 cm