The cars look like any other MM, as a matter of fact, most casts were already available in the regular series, with the only difference of a black window on the roof of it. This window is intended to peek through it, and to observe what’s happening inside of the car, just like the kid in the card is doing. Note that it was possible to peek through one of the cars in each blister.
Carded Private Eyes Collection #10. Picture taken from online shop.
Cars included in collection #8 are:
- International Travelall (green) (in other sets available in yellow and bright yellow)
- Ford Delivery Van (blue/white) (in other sets available in red and green/white)
- Toyota MR-2 (yellow) (in other sets available in red and blue)
- Porsche 959 (white/red/yellow) (in other sets available in blue/white and blue/green)
- '55 Panel Van (light brown) (in other sets available in white/black and white/blue)
- Taurus (blue) (in other sets available in black/white -police- and yellow -taxi-)
These collections were available during two consecutive years: 1990/91, but unlikely other collections, during both years exactly the same 12 packs were available, without colour variants.
This picture was taken from the back card of Private Eyes MM, and shows which are the different inside slides that you can find in these vehicles.
|Picture courtesy of Alex from m-m-world.com|
Note that the slides with the scenes were not randomly applied to the vehicles. Depending on the type of vehicle and it decoration, the most suitable scene has been selected. For example, in the dog pound van, the scene with the dogs is used; if it's a police car, then the policemen are inside, and so on.
FACTS AND FIGURES
- Name: Micromachines Private Eyes Collections #6, #8 and #12
- Scale of the cars: 1:150 aprox.
- Year: 1990 - 1991
- Company: Galoob (U.S.A.)
- Size: approx. 2 cm