This is the third motorbike with friction motor I show made by Román. Román was another classic toymaker settled in Ibi, which had many toys in tin. Motorbikes and cars in several sizes are their most famous and popular toys.
In this case, this is a rather big (23 cm) motorbike with the reference V-213. The same cast was used for different variations:
- V-210 Police Highway Patrol
- V-211 Dunlop (race model) (at least two different decorations)
- V-212 Beppo Big Circus. The pilot is a clown.
- V-213 Police Dept. (very similar to V-210)
Later a completely black model (without decoration) would be released in a more modern type of box. This model was maybe intended to profit from the TV airing of Street Hawk, the TV series with a motorbike in the style of Knight Rider. In Spain this TV series could be seen for the first time in 1986.
FACTS AND FIGURES:
- Name: MOTO FRICCIÓN
- Year: Around 1979 (Probably sold during many years)
- Company: Román (Spain)
- Size: 23 cm