Sunday, September 14, 2014

#457 MADELMAN 2050 – ALACTRO LAGARD (Ref. 1606) (1989)


This is the last Madelman 2050 figure I have bought, and with it I already have all figures that were officially released in a blister pack. I am still missing some vehicles, but I am not sure if I will ever go for them… I am running out of space. And of course, I am also missing the super-rare figure prototypes that I do not think they will be available again on ebay or wherever. If you want to read more about those prototypes, I suggest you visit this old entry #191.


Alactro-Lagard is the other new figure released in the second wave (the first was Deltox-Zan), and it is again a repaint of a figure from wave 1 with new accessories: in this case, some kind of delta-wing and a cannon, both in yellow. Under the delta-wing there is some kind of sticker or paper, but I don't know what it could be.


The character, as explained in #26, is the commander of the Zarkon armies, but as in the case of Deltox-Zan, the figure is a repaint of another character… actually, the Alactro-Lagard figure is based on Reptis. Deltox-Zan was based on Darman. Why Exin did that is unknown to me, maybe the condition of these figures’s casts were better than the other, or maybe it was just a random choice.

Both Deltox-Zan and Alactro Lagard are much rarer figures that the 8 ones from wave 1, and today cost (Mint On Card) between 150 and 200 Euro each. I have never seen them loose, so I don’t know which price they could have, but surely the half of a MOC figure or less.


FACTS AND FIGURES:
  • Name: ALACTRO LAGARD (Ref. 1606)
  • Toy Line: Madelman 2050 (Wave 2)
  • Year: 1989
  • Company: Exin (Spain)
  • Size of the figures: 3¾’’ or 9,5 cm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...