These are two displays from the very early 90s by Guisval, as the cars were still made in Spain. I have talked about these display items many times over the entries dedicated to Guisval, but these are the first I actually buy. I got them through a friend who saw them in a shop. For that year, the models included are quite old-fashioned, and include casts that were already used in the early 80s.
The first of the two is a "campeón" collection, that is the 3 inches, ordinary collection by Guisval. It contains 24 cars, in plastic blisters, many of them are double, triple or even cuadruple. Note that interestingly, the bottom three come in slightly bigger blisters, because they are bigger models (vans and pick-ups). The yellow display should have some cardboard decoration on both upper sides, but they are lost, or maybe removed if the cars were originally placed in another display and the picture did not fit the cars anymore.
The cars from these years suffer from metal-fatigue or zamak pest and sometimes are found broken, even if mint in box. This is the case of the pick up at the bottom, center column or the second car in the center column (a golden Seat Ronda).
All cars come with rally stickers, and with either 4 spoke wheels or 8 point wheels, which are two of the latest wheel models used by Guisval.
The models are (by row and column)
- Opel Kadett (Vauxhall Astra) - Matra Simca Bagheera - Ford Sierra
- Porsche 928 - Seat Ronda - Matra Simca Bagheera
- Matra Simca Bagueera - Renault 11 - Peugeot 205
- BMW 323i - Renault 21 Nevada - Citroën BX
- Opel Corsa - Ford Sierra - Seat Ronda
- Seat Ronda - Mercedes 190 - BMW 323i
- Ford Sierra - Opel Kadett - Ford Sierra
- Renault Espace - Toyota Hilux - Renault Espace
The second display has a bunch of trucks (either Volvo or Magirus Deutz) together with one Jeep Willis, one Land Rover, several pickups (Toyota Hilux and Datsun), two Renault Espace and a camper van. I love this set, because most of these vehicles came with plastic accesories like canopies, tow hooks, or construction items and these are usually lost in played toys. It is diffcult to get some of them complete.
FACTS AND FIGURES:
- Name: 2 FANALES/ DISPLAYS COLECCIÓN CAMPEÓN AND SERVICIOS PÚBLICOS
- Scale: Cars around 1:64, trucks around 1:100
- Year: Around 1990
- Company: Guisval (Spain)
- Size: approx. 7 cm each