Friday, October 6, 2017

#861 PLAYWELL - DOME-0 (Around 1982)



This car was presented a long time ago by mistake. I don´t know why, I presented it together with some Holly models, that, to my knowledge, has no relation to Playwell at all. I was probably confused by the scale, similar bulky construction and pull-back motor.



The car is very interesting, since there are very few reproductions of this car made in small scale. Actually, and to my embarrasement, I had never seen this car before, I didn't know it existed.


There seems to be two different Playwell companies separated in time a few decades. The first one, called Playwell Toy Inc. was based in Hong-Kong and produced all kind of times sometime during the 70s and the 80s. The second Playwell was based somewhere in the Middle East and started its production in 2001. The company we are talking about here is the first one, and this car is probably from the early 80s.


FACTS AND FIGURES:
  • Name: DOME-0
  • Scale: 1:45
  • Year: Around 1982
  • Company: Playwell (Hong-Kong)
  • Size: approx. 9 cm

3 comments:

  1. I haven't got this Dome-o ..yet, but I did pick up a 'Holly' Porsche 935 turbo this week (played with condition, but still ok)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you think the Dome-o would be worth today in played with condition

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for the comment.
      I am afraid not much, probably less than 5 euro or us dollar if it is played with condition.

      Delete