Monday, October 16, 2017

#865 RUIZ - LAND ROVER SANTANA GRÚA (Around 1983 or 1997)


I already talked about this type of toy in a previous entry (see #574). I recently got these two cars in a flea market, but I haven't found the old Ruíz vehicles I had as a kid. I will find them soon, no worries.

In between I will publish this entry about Ruiz. In the old entry I said that the company still exists, but this has to be clarified. Apparently, the current "Baratijas Ruiz" was founded in 1997, so, it is probably a new foundation of the old company. They are still based in Zaragoza and they produce the same toys than 40 years ago, but unfortunately, they do not have a website.


So, for the time being, we won't be able to find any further information about the company, I wish they start their own web with a nice "About Us" section, and they explain the whole history of both the old Ruíz and the new Ruíz.

I just caught this picture from Google Maps. It is their current location on Zaragoza (Ctra. Castellón Km. 3,7 Nave 5). Only a small sign at the door indicates Baratijas Ruiz.


Everytime I find a toy company that is active since so many years, or that still produce toys that were produced when I was I kid, I feel happy and I wish they stay in the business for a very long time.

I cannot say if my two new Land Rovers were made in the 80s, or sometime between 1997 and 2017, but in this case, I don’t care, I like them very much.


FACTS AND FIGURES:
  • Name: LAND ROVER SANTANA GRÚA
  • Scale: Approx. 1:64
  • Year: Around 1983 or 1997
  • Company: Ruíz (Spain)
  • Size: approx. 6 cm

1 comment:

  1. I've seen these on E-bay a few times with varying prices.
    you've given me an idea of there age now...could even be new. :)

    ReplyDelete