Sunday, November 25, 2018

#914 FAIE - MATRA SIMCA 670 (No. 8207) and PORSCHE 936 TURBO (No. 8208) (Around 1986)


Faie is another well-known manufacturer from which there is nothing to read out there. I wish we would still have breithaupts website, where we would probably be able to read a very educated article about this brand.

Unfortunately, there is nothing we know of this company, except that it was based in Hong-Kong, and it disappeared by the mid-90s. Their models are nicely done, some of them are copies of other major brands, some are shared with other similar brands like Tintoys. At some point the company moved the production lines to China, so some blisters are marked "Made in China".







The Matra seems to be copied from Majorette while the Porsche is somewhat similar to Tomica. I cannot confirm any of these assumptions, even though I have both the Majorette and the Tomica.

The variey of models is quite big, counting sport cars, F1s, sport prototypes, vans, trucks, utilitary cars...





They are quite rare, I am not sure if the newer models are all marked in the base or not. I guess they are not, so it is very difficult to recognise them against other models like the above mentioned Tintoys. That is maybe the reason why they are so difficult to find.

I have just two. The Porsche I own it since at least 15 years or so, while the Matra has been found recently in a flea market.

I wish I could tell more about these brand, but I cannot. If someone has more information, please do not hesitate to leave some comment below, so I can contact you.

 


FACTS AND FIGURES:
  • Name: MATRA SIMCA 670 (No. 8207) and PORSCHE 936 TURBO (No. 8208)
  • Scale: 1:64
  • Year: Around 1986
  • Company: Faie (Hong Kong)
  • Size: approx. 6 cm

2 comments:

  1. It takes some gall to paint any old sports car black and put a phoenix on the hood. That's clearly not a Pontiac Trans Am! ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Ha ha! This is quite typical for budget die-cast manufacturers. I would also add that a phoenix maybe not the best animal to carry in a sports car, so dangerous as it was back in the days, where so many drivers died in accidents. Thanks for the comment!

      Delete