5. Jake the Snake Roberts with Python Punch!
Jake the Snake was most of the times the bad guy. He also had his figure (only one) and this one performed a punch. It would have been great, if the figure could make some kind of DDT, but well the punch is not that bad. Many figures have this feature. The figure came with Damien the snake. As the other figures with accessories, if complete, it’s more expensive than the rest of the series.
6. Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase with Million Dollar Punch!
Ted Dibiase was also most of the times a nasty, unsympathetic character. It came with his dollar belt, and dressed in a black tux. Quite elegant. The figure features a punch with his left arm, due to a pull-back mechanism (like die cast cars) inside of the body. This punch is performed by many figures.
This wrestler is another one I never got to see in action. I have read by 1992, he was injured and recovering, and I must have missed the chapter in which he came back. Anyway, I got this figure for Christmas, and I liked it quite a lot, because it performs the jump explained when talking about the Ultimate Warrior #1, but has the arms in a different position, and it was great to play with. The figure came with red shears, which are difficult to find due to its reduced size.
BONUS: Spanish Filecard
8. Ravishing Rick Rude with Rude Awakening Headlock!
He was my favourite wrestler at the time, so this was the first figure I had. I guess I always sympathize with the second-raters, and Rick Rude always lost against the ultimate warrior. The figure is a little too slim for what’s the real person was. The special movement is, however, quite original, since only three figures in the whole 11 series have it (together with Ric Flair and 1-2-3 Kid).
BONUS: Spanish filecard
FACTS and FIGURES:
- Name: JAKE “THE SNAKE” ROBERTS, “MILLION DOLLAR MAN” TED DIBIASE #1, BRUTUS “THE BARBER” BEEFCAKE #1, “RAVISHING” RICK RUDE
- Alternate Names: JAKE “EL SERPIENTE”, TED DIBIASE “EL HOMBRE DEL MILLÓN DE DÓLARES”, BRUTUS BEEFCAKE “EL BARBERO”, RAVISHING RUDE “EL CARIÑOSO” (Spain)
- Toy Line: Official WWF (Wave 1)
- Year: 1990
- Company: Hasbro (U.S.A.)
- Size of the figures: 12 cm or 4,5’’