Friday, December 26, 2014

#494 DANONE - CLASSIC DISNEY PLASTIC FIGURES (1990)


This is my (almost complete) collection of promotional Disney figures that could be obtained when buying Danone´s Petit Suisse around 1990. Petit Suisse was the children´s dessert made of cream, today it is called Danonino. At the time it was available in three flavours: strawberry, banana and a white one that was my favorite, but whose flavour cannot be easily described (sugar? milk?). Other collectors argue that these figures are a giveaway from Yoplait, but I am not sure at all this is right, I bought them myself at the supermarket and I think, it was Petit Suisse and not the equivalent product by Yoplait.
 
 
This dessert was sold in packs of six units, and between the small recipients of the six packs were two plastic figures inserted, and then a sticker on the base prevented these figures to fall off. The figures were available in several colours each: dark blue, orange, green and white... and they were unmarked.
Because of this, the figures are very difficult to find on the internet (what should you search for?!) I have sometimes seen some of this figures, but most sellers labelled them as figures from the 70s or even the 60s, and wanted to have a big lot of money for them. They are sometimes mistaken with another set of Disney figures in more or less the same size made in the 70s or the 80s also for Danone.
 
Until now, I couldn´t find Minnie, but I´d like to find her, so I have my complete set of 8 figures.
These were:
  • Mickey Mouse
  • Minnie Mouse
  • Donald Duck
  • Daisy
  • Scrooge McDuck
  • Goofy
  • Pluto
  • Bambi
I have taken pictures of my figure with and without flash, so you can see the sculpt of the figures better. Especially fragile is Pluto, whose tail can easily break.



UPDATE: I finally have Minnie too. Here's a picture of the cute mouse together with my other figures. I discovered a set of Danone figures called "La Caja Mágica de Disney" from the 70s, which is quite similar to this, but includes other additional figures, like the Lady and the Trump, Chip or one of Donald Duck´s nephews. Note that the characters which are both in that set and in this set are dfferent. Maybe this is the confusion that I describe above that lead some seller to mark this figures as "70s" and put very high prices to them. Visit this link here: http://www.todocoleccion.net/figuras-goma-pvc-dunkin/figuras-dunkin-caja-magica-disney-danone-completa-su-caja~x58430565

 
FACTS AND FIGURES:
  • Name: DISNEY FIGURES
  • Year: 1990
  • Company: Danone (France)
  • Size of the figure: Around 5 cm

No comments:

Post a Comment