There is almost no die-cast manufacturer that has not reproduced this model in one version or another, so I think I will repeat this entry several times in the next months. I´ll start with Majorette, since I took these pictures short ago, and I am very happy with that colour scale effect. I have 6 cars in different colours, one of them is much older than the rest, but it is interesting to note that the model was manufactured during many years.
The oldest model/cast dates from 1972 and had practicable trunk, and the oldest types of wheels. It was released with the reference number 202, and in the catalogue was depicted in green.
|Wheel comparison: Green model has the oldest type of wheels.|
|Practicable Trunk with a suitcase carved on it.|
- 202 – green – 1972 and 1973
- 202 – pink with a flower on trunk – 1974 to 1978
- 202 – new cast without practicable parts, multicolour version – 1979
- 202 – grey with VW logo on doors – 1980
- Not available between 1981 and 1991
- 203 – green – 1992
- 203 – orange with blue wheels – 1993
- 203 – green – 1994
- 203 – dark blue – 1995 and 1996
- 203 – light blue – 1997
- 203 – picture with green, light blue and yellow models with tampographies – 1998 and 1999
- Not available in 2000 on
I also doubt that the car was discontinued in 2000, since then it has been offered for sale if not in the 200 series, in other sub-series or as a promotional item, or as part of a gift pack.
The VW Bug was also released with a trailer as several 3xx references. For example in the catalogues from 1974 to 1976 we see two blue VW carrying a small boat (Cabin Cruiser) or 2 kayaks.
|Three different chassis|
FACTS AND FIGURES:
- Name: VW 1302 (Nr. 202 and 203)
- Year: From 1972 on
- Company: Majorette (France)
- Size: Around 6 cm.
- Scale: 1:60