Monday, November 27, 2017

#880 SECRET WARS - CAPTAIN AMERICA and FALCON (1984 and 1985)


It has been a long time since I didn´t write about Secret Wars. I didn´t buy any in a long time, mostly because it is difficult to find complete figures at good prices in Europe. And since eBay introduced the Global Shipping Programme, I do not buy in the US anymore (I did once, and never more).

When I saw these two figures (in a lot) I had to buy it. Obviously the most interesting figure here is Falcon. It is complete with its two wings and the falcon accesories, which are very hard to find. The figures also included shields and its paper images, as depicted in the picture.



The figures are in great shape, and are basically the same as every other figure in the row. Same cast (except the head and the modification at the back for the wings), no action feature, same accesories (shields)... not much to say about the figures. The colouring scheme is very accurate (as in the comic books).

I am not very much into Marvel comics, but both characters were originally part of the same universe. The Secret Wars series mixed characters from different universes.





I am currently missing only 3 figures and 2 accessories… (and they are not the most difficult ones) let’s see if I can get them in the next months to close this toyline. I am not so interested in the vehicles for space reasons.

FACTS AND FIGURES:
  • Name: CAPTAIN AMERICA and FALCON
  • Toy Line: Secret Wars (Wave 1 and 2, respectively)
  • Year: 1984 and 1985
  • Company: Mattel (U.S.A.)
  • Size of the figures: Around 12 cms

No comments:

Post a Comment