Friday, August 7, 2020

#955 HIGH SPEED PULLBACK - ABARTH 2000, FORD ZAKSPEED CAPRI and TRANS AM (W13, W15 and W16) (around 1986)


Thanks to my friend Steven, who corrected me here.

These cars are not Summer/S.M., but High Speed. For some reason I got them wrong in my collection and so I passed the error to this entry. I will try to write some alternative text to it, since it is the first time that High Speed appears in the blog.

I have to say, that these High Speed are Summer knock-offs, so maybe that is where the confusion comes from. To my knowledge, all Summer/S.M. cars are marked with the brand name or the logo, so, if not marked, as in this case, they are not made by S.M.

Sorry for the confusion!

The first Summer/S.M. cars I ever had were two pull-back cars in 3 inches size. My father got them for me in the year 1990 or so. One of them was a dark blue BMW M1 with white tampographies and the second one a Mercedes (500 SEC?) in green, also with tampographies. Compared to my Guisvals, Matchbox, Tomicas and so on were objectively ugly. I think I still have one of them somewhere, but I do not know where did my father get them from, where did he buy them (might have been  abroad). That was the first time I saw an S.M. product.

This series seems to be slightly different to me, but may also belong to the same. The models presented here are recent acquisitions, I bought them altogether in a flea market.

The models are well done, mostly compared to other newer Summer models, so I thought I would include them in my collection. They are Made in Hong-Kong and  are based on own casts. I even like the tampographies and the colours used. Nice sport cars!

W13 ABARTH 2000 (1:66)



W15 FORD ZAKSPEED CAPRI (1:65)


 
 
W16 TRANS AM (1:70)




FACTS AND FIGURES:
  • Name: ABARTH 2000 (W13), FORD ZAKSPEED CAPRI (W15) and TRANS AM (W16)
  • Scale: 1:66, 1:65 and 1:70
  • Year: Around 1986
  • Company: Summer / S.M. (Hong Kong)
  • Size: approx. 7 cm

No comments:

Post a Comment