Sunday, September 10, 2023

#1029 SOLIDO – LOLA T 280 (Nr. 15) (1973)

I have had chances to buy many Solido models over the years, but most of the times, I refused. Models by Solido are mostly in 1:43 scale, which was not very interesting for me until quite late in my collector´s life. Recently I found this excellent model of a Lola Sport Prototype with Swiss Cheese decorations (funny!) and in perfect shape. I couldn´t let this go. It is beautifully made and it comes with practicable motor cover.

As usual in this brand, the car is only decorated on the side that can be seen through the box window. A sheet of stickers is available in the box, that the buyer has to apply himself or herself. In this case, the owner didn't do that.






The real car was used in the year 1972 to run Le Mans. This decoration corresponds to two different teams. RN7 belonged to the Team Ecurie Bonnet Switzerland and the drivers were Hughes de Fierlant (from Belgium), Jorge de Bagration (from Spain) and Mário de Araújo Cabral (from Portugal). The team abandoned after only 26 laps. RN8 did a bit better, completing a total of 213 laps after abandoning. The drivers in this case were Joakim Bonnier (from Sweden), Gérard Larrouse (from France) and Gijs van Lennep (from the Netherlands). This last driver made the fastest lap in the race that year.

Seen at: www.conradantiquario.info/content/katalog/solido-export-1973.html

FACTS AND FIGURES:

  • Name:  LOLA T 280 (Nr. 15)
  • Scale: 1:43
  • Year: 1973
  • Company: Solido (France)
  • Size: approx. 9 cm

8 comments:

  1. Siempre me han encantado los coches de carreras de resistencia. Éste es precioso. Saludos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sí, este es muy bonito, y tiene el plus de que representa un modelo pilotado por un español. ¡Gracias por el comentario!

      Delete
    2. Si, este modelo tiene además el plus de tener un piloto español.
      ¡Gracias por el comentario!

      Delete
  2. I used to own quite a few Solido miniatures back in the day. I was particularly fond of their tanks and military vehicle miniatures for their functional tracks (as opposed to "fused" unmovable fakes most other brands had).
    Thanks for reminding me of these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for the comment! I am not familiar with Solido's military miniatures, but I will check on the internet. The few models I own or owned, were all very good, more of collector items than toys, surely these tanks were no exceptions.

      Delete
    2. The tanks and military vehicles were fantastic but harder to find outside France. I once found a few by accident on sale at a local store, it surprised me so much I ended up just buying them all. I was a kid so I used them as toys, even though they were more collector items.

      Delete
  3. Una adquisición magnífica. El bólido tiene muy buena pinta. Curioso lo que explicas en cuanto a los adhesivos. Muy acertada la nota de historia para rematar la reseña.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Si, se ve sobre todo que es muy frágil con el retrovisor, la barra antivuelco y el alerón, creo que sería de un coleccionista, aunque me extraña mucho lo de las pegatinas. Es una lástima, perro aún así me parece una gran pieza. ¡Gracias por el comentario!

    ReplyDelete