Sunday, September 24, 2023

#1030 PAYÁ INTERNATIONAL – FERRARI 312 FORMULA 1 (Ref. 2134) (Around 1972)


This International Payá Formula 1 is unmarked, what makes it difficult to identify. The quality of the cast stands out, and you can easily notice that it is not a cheap toy, but unless you are familiar with the company, you won´t be able to recognise it.

It is the Ferrari 312 F1 (Ref. 2134), a nice cast that I cannot assign to any other manufacturer, it was probably made by Payá themselves. Other unmarked models with similar reference numbers were also the own creations of the Spanish die-cast maker. It is completely red and carries a RN3 sticker. I think it is a great sample, and collectors will appreciate its rarity.


The models with reference numbers 2134 or higher are somewhat more difficult to find, probably because they were released later that the rest, when other die-cast manufacturers were better established and the competition was higher. That is why I dated this car around 1972, while all the other cars I own were dated around 1970. Take a look at my other International Payá treasures!

*By the way... I noticed that I sometimes write International Payá, and others Payá International. I would say both are OK!


FACTS AND FIGURES

  • Name: FERRARI 312 FORMULA 1 (Ref. 2134)
  • Scale: 1:64 (approx.)
  • Year: Around 1972
  • Company: Payá International (Spain)
  • Size: approx. 3’’ or 7 cm

No comments:

Post a Comment