Monday, October 5, 2026

#1103 BBURAGO – 2 METAL MODELS 1:43 (ref. 4200): FERRARI 308 GTB RALLY and BMW M1 BASF (Around 1988)


I presented many years ago all the Bburagos I had in my collection in several entries, but after that, I decided to sell all of them, since they were in a scale I didn´t collect and they were not part of my childhood memories. I still kept one I had boxed and a Fiat Uno, that was the first car I drove when I was 18 years old. I later found this box for very little money and I bought it, since boxed toys are somehow nicer to have and to display than loose ones.

It also included two of my favorite cars of the 80s: the BMW M1 and a Ferrari 308 GTB Rally (curiously, the same car I already owned boxed, but in an alternate colour and decoration). They are astoaunding designs and I like the way they are presented in the box. The 2-pack was probably part of an offer in which the price for the pack was lower than buying two individual models. The company can this way sell models that they have in stock and the customer profits from lower prices.

This kind of box is not very rare, the company used it during many years changing its design. I have seen some of these on eBay and those available go for very little prices, usually less than 20 euro.


The BMW comes in its iconic BASF decoration, used also by other toymakers, while the Ferrari decoration is based also in a real one, but the car was either blue or white instear of green. Bburago usually had dozens of different sticker sets and colour for every cast, so this was a common practice for them. I recall having surfed a web listing all known variants, hundreds and hundreds of cars listed.



The box has a catalogue listing on the back part, although interestingly, mainly 1:18, 1:24 and 1:87 scales are represented. The front part has two windows and a punch hole to be hang in a display in a toy store.

FACTS AND FIGURES:

  • Name: 2 METAL MODELS (Ref. 4200): FERRARI 308 GTB RALLY and BMW M1
  • Scale: 1:43 (approx.)
  • Year: Around 1992
  • Company: Bburago (Italy)
  • Size: approx. 9 cm

No comments:

Post a Comment